Photobucket

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Random randomness and Balboa Park

  I was thinking about my life before Cru and how I was very vocal about my loathe for double words typically found in "baby talk." It made me want to vomit when I heard such words as "doo doo" "pee pee" or "ba ba." It was a huge pet peeve of mine....along with the word pet peeve. 

   That being said, today I was changing Cru and found myself saying...and I quote.."You are a stinky stinky pee pee poo poo face" What!!! Where did that even come from? I am still in a state of shock. Is this just a small taste of the future regression of my vernacular as my family grows. I don't even know who I am anymore. 

Things I will probably hear and see less living in a Utah suburb-

Setting: walking past a PB apartment
Conversation overheard : 
Voice #1: I thought she was hot!
Voice#2: Dude shes so not hot
Voice #1: I know!  I finally saw her when I wasn't drunk!
(What I found interesting in this conversation is the word "finally." To me that would signify voice #1 is intoxicated for a large portion of his day)

Setting: Garnet street (its Garnet so this story isn't too surprising)
Time: noon
What we saw: A girl stumble out of the bar..walk over to Denneys and vomit all over their entrance (let me remind you, it was noon. )

Setting: Garnet again
Time: 5:00pm.
I was walking with Cru in his stroller and some chick walks up and completely defiles the front part of Crus ride.(hopefully her rudness can be removed with lysol) She pressed herself against it and whilst cheering she enacted something you  might see on the discovery channel when an animal is attempting to attract her mate. It was so shocking a spectator drunk, with no relation to her, apologized for her behavior. He said "Whoa, I am so sorry, that was riduculous. I am plastered right now and I would never do that."
The kind words of empathy from a drunken man can always make you feel better. 

Setting: Grand Street.
Time: 9:00pm
Joby and I were walking to Ralphs and stopped to watch real life frogger. We watched yet another drunk PB girl. She was talking on her phone upsidedown into the earpiece and walked straight into a palm tree (Which Joby and I of course laughed at because we are awesome like that) and then she stumble across the street into on comming traffic . It was seriously just like Frogger. Joby and I almost had a heartattack watching. How she survived, who knows. Cars came speeding by and Joby and I were clenching our teeth and letting out random "Oh nos!"and  "Watch outs!"  
Physics were defied by her that night and I am thankful we were able to witness it. 

And now we will transition into more aesthetically pleasing images for your mind. Balboa Park. We(Joby I and our John Dorian, Brady) spent the day at Balboa Park because it was overcast at the beach, and I forget how beautiful it is during the day and at night. I included a video of pictures of the park. It saves your fingers from tedious scrolling. 


5 comments:

rachel said...

Brady IS your JD!!! Hilarious! One thing I really miss about San Diego is all the drunken, trashy people that slum around PB. But, that being said, I love them for the entertainment they provide. I'm counting the days until you arrive!

PS - I remember many, many conversations about how you would never do "baby talk". You were going to just talk to your babies like adults. Glad to see you overcame your stubbornness.

Jodi said...

I'd be bummed too, moving away from all those people. You probably won't encounter much of them in Utah suburbs. If you need excitement though, you can always move to the kearns ghetto with me. I've gotten really good at dodging bullets. And it's win-win because dodging things is a great workout for your abs.

rmanni23 said...

"stinky stinky pee pee poo poo"??? Oh girl, you got it bad. Don't worry, you'll grow out of it, for a little while between kids and grandkids!

Larissa said...

I miss Balboa Park too. Don't miss the freaks in PB or all of Cali for that matter. If I remember correctly, you were the one who first stated this quote regarding California (which I still quote to this day): "Too many freaks...not enough circuses!"

Hey...we will be semi-neighbors when you move here. Wanna go to the gym with me when you move back? They have a daycare...

Allreds said...

wow julie, moving back to utah is making you funnier! THat is a positive thing right there! I really enjoyed your blog this morning, i was going to update mine, but was to enthralled in everything i have missed! I love being related