Photobucket

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

No offense winter, but I hate you

Winter darling~

For two months we have enjoyed your beauty and the way you purify all that you touch.
We have laughed till we cried playing in your frozen flakes of white.
We smiled as you created a feeling of Christmas with your picturesque wonderland scene. We enjoyed the chilling nights that let us curl up by a hot fire with a delicious cup of hot cocoa and memories of winters past. And now winter, as you continue your elegance into January I just want to say.....


I hate you.

I can't go skiing because I'm pregnant. Everyday I barely miss a faceplant episode, but wake up sore the next day from the creative Acrobatics I engaged in to prevent me from falling. I can't wear flip flops and have been forced to wear socks after a 10 year sabbatical. I have been reintroduced to the annoyance of scraping my windows before driving my car. Additionally, winter, your beauty deteriorates four days after a new snow fall.

Come November, I will like you again as all is forgotten from enjoying months of spring summer and fall... until then, I hate you.

2 comments:

rmanni23 said...

I hate winter too, Julz. Hang in there, only 71 days til spring.

susie said...

reminds me of the old saying "too much of anything is bad" though we dont have as chilling winters as u have, we have a much scorching summer here in india which makes me empathise with u.. nice write up ..:)