Photobucket

Friday, January 22, 2010

The era of no responsibility

It seems like every era of life seems to start out extremely challenging, but seems to bring forth greater joys and self discovery. I find I temporarily look back each time my life takes a new pathway. Just as you seem to say,"hey I got this. This life thing isn't so difficult after all," you get thrown in a whole new direction with a whole new set of challenges and responsibilities. Its seems as though you start out as a student and once you master that time period and feel as though you are at the top, you are pushed back down to become the student again. Your experience, however, brings greater tools and knowledge to each era. I have found that once I commit to my new direction I find life always seems to bring greater adventures, wisdom, growth and happiness. The era of no responsibility was one of the most difficult to let go, but I would never go back. I think becoming a wife and mother has been one of the most challenging eras. I'm sure more fun difficult surprises are yet to come, but its been the best era yet. However, I'm sure in 20 years I will just get the hang of this mom and wife thing and then my kids will leave and a new era will unfold to Joby and I and we will yet again become the students. And that era will then be the best to me.


Life is unpredictably wonderful and the best is always yet to come.

Below is the footage I collected from "The era of no responsibility." San Diego 2003-2008.
Its almost 30 minutes and split into 3 parts for uploading capability. Fun times and wonderful relationships can't be captured in a two minute clip! Much of video is low quality due to compressing the video. Enjoy!

Part 1 Boat dances, roomate fun times



Random times/glamis/Joshua tree/Devils punch bowl/inflatable fun



Part 3 Tea party/Karaoke ending


"The world is closing in- Did you ever think -That we could be so close, like brothers
The future's in the air-I can feel it everywhere-Blowing with the wind of change" -Scorpions

3 comments:

Kalli said...

This made me sort of emotional. I say sort of because I will neither confirm nor deny.

We should go back, with the kiddos this time, beach babies! You know for a weekend or something?

Also, I'd almost forgotten about my karaoke birthday party. IT WAS AWESOME!

kjwoolf said...

Love it! Still mad at you though! ;)

kkrich said...

you have quite the collection of fun pictures!