Photobucket

Friday, January 23, 2009

Great Auntie Alice

Today you have gone home and the world has lost a gem

Stories of Dragons and hidden treasure. 
A magical house that let a childs imagination run free.
Riding my skateboard at 82 years old.
Always fun and laughter...Always
Even in your last challenging years you were filled with joy
...and full of the dickens.
You brought enchantment to my childhood
And an example of true beauty to my soul. 
As we say goodbye I smile...
because I know you have gone home to bring laughter to the angels 

Whenever I hear a whistle, I know I'll think of you. 

With love
 

4 comments:

rmanni23 said...

Julie, I am so sorry to hear about Aunt Alice. She was such an awesome lady, cute, very cute. I'm sure she and your Grandma Jenkins had a wonderful reunion. And of course, your Uncle Spud too. You are a lucky girl to have so many awesome role models in your life! God bless you and all of your family.

Larissa said...

I'm sorry Julie. Did your grandma also ride a skateboard with you or was it your Aunt? I remember seeing a picture of one of them.

Joby, Julie, Cru and Sage said...

For sure they did Aunt Rita. They are probably playing Phase 10 as we speak. Heh! Love you

Joby, Julie, Cru and Sage said...

haha! I love that picture Larissa. My grandma took a picture on the skateboard, but my aunt actually rode it.