Photobucket

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Blessed

I find it difficult not to bear testimony at my childrens blessings. Its a very powerful day filled with priesthood power and witness of the Spirit.
Additionally, being surrounded by family and friends who traveled far to be in attendance adds to the overwhelming feeling of love.
Sage's blessing day was extra special because she shared it with her cousin Zander.
With each child, I gain a greater testimony of Heavenly Fathers Plan of Happiness. Before marriage the Gospel expounds on how accepting the calling as a parent is the pathway to joy. To a certain degree you experience this through growing up in a family, but I've realized you don't fully understand this until you act upon this principle and have his precious spirits sent to you.
And though you may feel inadequate at times and it can be challenging becoming parents, seeking family unity for eternity is the pathway to true joy. I am grateful for the knowledge of Heavenly Fathers Plan of Happiness and have a testimony that the Gospel contains all the truth and instructions to a happy fulfilled life.



5 comments:

Kalli said...

hooray for Sage!

I love you guys!

Allreds said...

I agree sooooo much. There is nothing in the world like having babies. They make me a better person. The picture collage is sooooooooooooo adorable!

sinika said...

You guys are one cute family! Congrats on a fun blessing day- they are what life is all about- family and love!!!

Unknown said...

You make me so proud!

Crystal Escobar said...

Oh she is precious!!! I loved what you wrote about bearing your testimony.