Photobucket

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Three legged dogs make me laugh


Especially when they are utilized in children programing as a way to help kids be more accepting of others who look different.


Cru was watching "Clifford the big red dog" the other day and out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of what I thought was a cartoon 3 legged dog hopping across the screen and to my great satisfaction... it was!!

The corners of my mouth immediately curled into a dastardly smile.

It was epic. I think I was more entertained than Cru. The 3 legged dog bounced over to the other dogs and they all became really uncomfortable and awkwardly walked away to avoid him. Apparently this is the wrong behavior, but thats pretty much what i do when I come in contact with a three legged dog.

I was hoping he had a spanish accent as my only experience viewing three legged dogs is on our trips to TiJuana. We would actually play a version of "Wheres Waldo" when we crossed the border but it was called "wheres a four legged dog." Surprisingly its difficult to find in TJ and three legs are more of the norm.

Why all TJ dogs only have 3 legs you ask? I still don't know but will spend the rest of my life trying to find the answer.

I searched diligently for a picture or video of this specific episode, but to my dismay could not find any of the priceless footage to post. Joby said I have to stay on the computer until I find it as he feels cheated for not being able to view it.

In the end the dogs deal with their "3legaphobia" and befriend the misfortunate animal.

Moral of the story: If you use a three legged dog as an object lesson... the lesson will sadly be lost in my non-sensitive laughter.

3 comments:

Bowen and Shaelyn said...

We saw that episode the other day too!!!

rmanni23 said...

Three legged dogs are not a laughing matter. I almost cry when I see a three legged dog. It is traumatizing to see the poor little puppy deal with such a handicap, and you just wish you could buy them a prosthetic. Yeah, maybe take up a collection to buy them a leg. Maybe if Obama's health care plan passes, we could add an amendment to help three legged puppies. Oooh, the plight of the three legged dog. And you laugh?

Joby, Julie, Cru and Sage said...

Of course I laugh at them! It doesnt mean I don't feel some sense of compassion.( Although I will admit since cru has been born most of my compassion for animals has changed to irritation...specifically annoying little pugs named yoda) Its like when you get your ATV stuck in the snow. It makes me laugh...but I still feel somewhat bad for you. But mostly its just really funny.