Photobucket

Monday, February 1, 2010

The Duncan principle is valid

So if you watch "Community" you know that the Duncan Principle(which consisted of leaving test subjects in a waiting room until they broke down) was debunked by one of the volunteers.

However, I am here to confirm the validity of the Duncan Principle from first hand experience. In the episode Annie entered the room full of test subjects, when the experiment was "suppose to" begin, and said the following:

In my experiment, I told Joby to stop at one of my friends house so I could drop something off and I would only be 5 minutes.

I ended up returning to the car after 20 minutes and his response was identical to the test subject below....even down to the uncontrollable english/spanish hysterics.



Conclusion: The data I collected finds The Duncan principle conclusive in the Archer family.

5 comments:

Larissa said...

That's funny! Ah Julie...when you get to be my age and you reach your 16th year of marriage...you will learn to LEAVE them all at home, rather than in the car. In other words, when going to visit a friend...DO NOT BRING HUSBANDS OR CHILDREN! I would have told you that night, but I think you needed to learn the hard way! I wish I could have seen Joby's Duncan principle reaction! Awesome! It was good to see you though.

Crystal Escobar said...

haha, that is so funny!!! I loved it!
Hey, did you design your blog yourself? I'm on a waiting list to get mine made over. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to get two sidebars, so finally decided to hire someone to do it all for me :)

sinika said...

I'm glad you said Hi Julie. Plus I had no idea you were in Utah!!! Where? And pregnant? Exciting. I'm putting your blog on my list. And, I'm really excited to order a giant fortune cookie. I'm so excited about it I've been telling everyone I know (look for a spike in sales!) Haha! See ya.

-Sinika

Crystal Escobar said...

Thanks for answering my question about the 3 column layout, duh, why didn't I think of that. Google can be so handy, lol.
I just added your cute fortunately's button to my blog :)

Anonymous said...

Just so you are aware, Community actually 'proved' the Duncan Principle, as the final person waiting ended up waiting so long that all the 'scientists' began to brake while waiting, and eventually they all left.