Photobucket

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Reflective Light makes me emotional

SO I WAS SITTING IN OUR HOUSE READING AND LOOKED UP AND OUTSIDE MY WINDOW AND SAW THIS:

I THEN WALKED OUTSIDE AND WAS DAZZLED BY THIS:
THIS:


THIS:
AND THIS:

IT WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL RAINBOW I HAVE EVER SEEN. 

MANY PEOPLE BELIEVE RAINBOWS SYMBOLIZE GODS COVENANT WITH NOAH THAT HE WILL NEVER FLOOD THE EARTH AGAIN. THIS IS TRUE, BUT AFTER READING MY FRIENDS BLOG I WAS REMINDED THAT IT ALSO SYMBOLIZES THAT JAIMEY FREAKING GETS TO BE WITH HIS MOM AGAIN SOMEDAY! 

WHOS JAIMEY YOU ASK? 

HES ONLY THE GREATEST LITTLE BOY WHO DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG BUT LOVE HIS AMAZING MOM SOO MUCH AND SHE FREAKING DIES OKAY! SHE DIES! AND EVEN THOUGH FAMILIES CAN BE TOGETHER FOREVER WHENEVER I EAT BISCUITS AND SYRUP  I'LL NEVER GET OVER IT!!(Explanation below)

(P.S. This movie is emotional terrorism)


  
Okay so some of you may remember this movie from primary back during the glorious years of beeping slides. (Sadly the beeps have been removed from the youtube version.)
Strangely I remember this movie from random family Sunday breakfasts of 90-93. 
All 7 of us would be sitting at the kitchen table at 7am sunday morning eating biscuits and syrup. I would be attempting to calm my morning anger issues and try not to kill Callie (my little sister) that was singing "I am a child of God" in her cutsie high pitched 5 year old voice. Trevor(my little brother) would then routinely spill his glass of milk and start crying. Jacque(my older sister) didn't talk, just exuded coolness and looked like she just came back from a butt rock tour that seemed to originate in her bedroom. Her hair was awesomely big (and coveted by all) and concealed my older brother Travis sitting next to her. He would generally try to irritate anyone and everyone so we would know he was present behind the wall of hair. As we all ate our biscuits and syrup my Dad would stand up walk over the the radio and turn on the audio version of "build you a rainbow."  At first noone was listening, but by the time jaimey was stating " you just cant die mom, you just can't"  we were all staring straight forward using every ounce of strength to prevent the tears. 

This is my question: Why did my parents think that a story of a little boy who lost their mom was appropriate breakfast entertainment? Can you just picture 5 pajama wearing,  sleep deprived kids with bed head sitting at  the breakfast table with the most emotionally disturbed looks on there faces that seem to scream "what the Hell! (er..heck)"  
I guess some things in life just don't make sense. 

All I know is that whenever I see a rainbow I smile and think "thats Jaimeys mom, sending him reflective light love."

5 comments:

Jodi said...

I remember the rockin' Jacque big hair. And, (hanging head) I coveted. I saw those rainbow's the other day, but now that I have seen Jaimey's video, I feel a little shallow for wondering about the leprechauns.

Bowen and Shaelyn said...

Oh I totally remember that movie! I just remember my 10 year old self bawling right in the middle of primary.

rachel said...

I'll bet you can't wait to torture your kids with these scarring "life lessons". That's the only reason I want kids

Alicia said...

Don't remember the movie, but I DEFINITELY remember the song. It's going to be stuck in my head all day long now.
Funny comments about listening to it during breakfast. My parents should have used that method. The frequent bouts of tears had by all could have been for something other than hitting, fighting, teasing, etc.

kjwoolf said...

Your rainbow is so pretty! The double rainbow with the mountain back drop is my favorite. San Diego doesn't have rainbows. I may have seen one once since I moved here. LA doesn't have rainbows either....hmmmm....sad. I am not familiar with Jaimey's video, or the song, I just remember Kermit the Frog singing the rainbow connection- cute little song.