Photobucket

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Standing For Something

STAND FOR SOMETHING OR YOU WILL FALL FOR ANYTHING


Rachel Esplin- Harvard University

This video was sent to me by Kristen and I think Rachel does such a fantastic job at representing a daughter of God. Her eloquent expression of her gospel beliefs was beautiful and inviting. I especially liked that she denounced the whole "you're wrong I'm right" misconception with religion. You can find truth everywhere. I've always loved the quote by Joseph Smith she shared, "Take all your other religions, bring what truth you have and let us add unto it." When one approaches anything with I'm right your wrong attitude you drastically limit yourself . You miss out on treasured knowledge, connection with others and opportunity. It is not our duty to monitor who is right or wrong but to live right and uplift. 

In a day when the deception that "Human intellect is higher than God," is infesting our society, its refreshing to see a strong intelligent woman powerfully testify of simple trues. 

1 comments:

Bowen and Shaelyn said...

That was awesome! Thanks for posting it!