Photobucket

Thursday, November 13, 2008

"I've Exhausted every resource except patience"

After downing a whole bottle of castor oil(which isn't so vile mixed with rootbeer. It almost tastes like rootbeer flavored with envelope glue.. mmmm) and going into 10 hours of labor,  which didn't result in the birth of Cru, I realized the only option I have left is patience. A virtue, I don't possess. I am a product of a family that has major difficulty containing excitement and typically make things happen when we want them to happen. We don't do waiting. Which is why we have Christmas on Christmas Eve. The thought of waiting for the right time is driving Joby and I insane! In an attempt to get my mind off of expelling a predicted 9 pound baby from my body, I stumbled upon Gwyneth Paltrow's website.(Goop.com) I truly did "stumble" upon it as most of you who know me also know I have always struggled with a strong disdain for celebrities. This is what also fuels my intense loath for movies and television. However, I was strangely impressed with Gwens site and even signed up for her newsletter which is surprisingly delightful. I thought celebrities were only capable of acting pompous, promiscuous,  and shoving their political views down Americas throats. Maybe all celebrities aren't the devil. Who knew? 
"Make your life good. invest in what's real. Cook a meal for someone you love. Pause before reacting. Clean out your space. Read something beautiful. Treat yourself to something. Go to a city you've never been to. Learn something new. Don't be lazy. Work out and stick with it. Make it great."-Gwyneth Paltrow

5 comments:

Kalli Ko said...

Gwyneth is so the next Madonna. I wonder if Madonna realizes that Gwen is using their bff status as a jumping off point to pushing her out?

Probably not since Madonna is too busy going to kaballah and doing yoga.

stupid madonna

kkrich said...

well i like gwen even more now.
sorry no birthing has taken place yet. yucky.

Bowen and Shaelyn said...

I didn't realize you and Gwyneth were such buddies! She's very inspirational :) Get that baby here so you can stop being so pregnant! mmmmmk.

rachel said...

Gwyneth is full of crap...being lazy is awesome.

Blayden Family said...

I love the quote, I could take that advice and use it. Can't wait to see pics of the little one Cru....